[AMPS] Re: Poor science

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 20:53:43 -0600

on 3/6/00 8:46 PM, Terry Gaiser - W6RU at w6ru@lightspeed.net wrote:

> Jon .... look at what you just said .... quote "But having them keyed and
> moving ...." Now look at the first line of my description of what happened
> "The amplifier was in STANDBY ..... NOT KEYED .... "

My fault.

I didn't read your post carefully enough!

Well, if they are not keyed, I have no idea.  That is weird for sure.  If
the tubes are in cutoff they should not conduct nor oscillate.  Hmmm....

Perhaps there was something wrong in the design of the Henry amp and the
tubes were really NOT in cutoff when in standby.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden