[AMPS] Re: Poor science

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 20:37:35 -0600

on 3/5/00 11:20 AM, Carl Clawson at cclawson@transport.com wrote:

> The claim was made by a Measures detractor that "the laws of physics"
forbid
> the existence of a non-self-starting oscillator. That claim is provably
> false. That is all I say at this point. I'm not taking your bait on the
rest
> of Rich's alleged claims.

That is not exactly what I said or meant.  If an amplifier is unstable it
will oscillate.  How the oscillation starts can either be thermally (which
is how most oscillators start) or by some other signal injection as you
suggest.  I will admit to that.

My point is that if an amplifier is going to oscillate it will do it and do
it in a manner that is repeatable.  If it is stable, it isn't going to
oscillate no matter what.

Perhaps I wasn't concise enough with my words.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden