[AMPS] FAILURE OF PARASITIC RESISTORS IN AL-811X AMPLIFIER

Jon Ogden jono@enteract.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 22:37:24 -0600

on 3/6/00 9:19 PM, measures at 2@vc.net wrote:

>> Others along with myself have successfully built 4-1000A amplifiers that run
>> at high KV with no suppressor resistors.  Nope, not magic, just clever
>> designs.
>>
> Please describe this design.

Rather than try to describe it, why not go to my website, look at it and
then ask questions.

I've described what I did multiple times on AMPS.  But every time I've
described it to you Rich, you just ignore it.  Every time I mention it, you
ask the same questions, again and again.  Why not go back to the archives
you profess to love so much and look up my info on it.

The amp has been running for over a year now with never an oscillation.  Had
a tube go gassy and a bias choke fail (due to something stupid I did), but
no oscillations of any kind.  No pops, bangs, arcs (except when I put the
load C at the extreme ends of it's range - plates touching then).  I run the
amp on SSB, RTTY, AMTOR, CW.....been in SSB contests, RTTY contests, CW
pileups, you name it.

73,

Jon
KE9NA