[AMPS] Re: Poor science

Terry Gaiser - W6RU w6ru@lightspeed.net
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:17:11 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian White, G3SEK <G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk>

> I don't know. There is enough evidence to speculate, but not enough to
> confirm *any* view of what happened.
>
> We're 'all speculated out' about this, and we can't get any further
> without additional evidence.

I haven't posted my very strange case of oscillation (or whatever) before
now cause I felt it would be very difficult if not impossible to determine
what actually happened. I finally brought it forward after all these years
because of Tom's ....

">Better yet, give me an example where the oscillation suddenly
> occurs in a PA that operates normally under all sorts of loading
> and tuning conditions for many years, and where that same
> oscillation shows up as a sudden explosion while the amplifier is
> on standby"  post to the reflector.

I certainly have wasted more time on this keyboard on this topic than I
would normally care to .... but I am still interested in hearing anyone's
thoughts or ideas on it.

Best 73,
Terry W6RU