SV: [AMPS] Power Handling of Resistors

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:59:36 -0500

Hi Dave,

> I see that along with knowing a little about physics, you are a comedian
> also.

I didn't intend any humor. Please don't take it that way.

> Strange, In my 45 years of ham radio and 30 years as a practicing
> Electronics Engineer,  I've never heard of a "parasitic resistor".  I've
> heard of parasitics and I've heard of resistors(as you say, resisstors
> don't oscillate), but not parasitic resistors.

I had no idea you were still practicing. I knew what Jon meant, and
you didn't, so I reworded it for you.

> I guess we just have to wait for the young kids to come along and show us
> where we have gone wrong.

Yes, we sure do. I really enjoy a direct to-the-point technical
discussion where what the person says is more important than
how he says it.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com