[AMPS] Power Handling of Resistors

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:04:46 EST

w8ji@contesting.com writes:

>  We are left with either an oscillation or actual RF excitation at the
>  resonant frequency of the tank as the source of the voltage that
>  caused the arc.
>
>  Of course the energy can come from the supply,

What do you mean Tom,   "can come from the supply"...........of course that
is PRECISELY where it comes from  !!!! .....and that is EXACTLY what I said
in my original post which was so loudly disputed by more learned minds.

I think these discussions would be more productive if our personal biases
weren't immediately applied to the postings and we carefully read what is
written instead of making assumptions.  You will notice that I have yet to
mention parasitic oscillations or RF excitaion and yet that is all you want
to talk about.

Cheers,

Dave, WT8R