SV: [AMPS] Re: Static discharge caused NOISE

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:30:06 +0000

No Tom I dont think so: When you use an antenna tuner you have ceramic
material in the discharge path and do you not get piezoelectric effects?
Making a lot of noise? I have much practical experience with a copy of the
old Johnsson Matchbox together with a very long longwire. The antenna was
connected to the variable capacitive divider in the matchbox and had no DC
connection to ground. In summertime I had very often a high noise level that
disappeared as soon as soon as I connected my NATIONAL R-175 choke from
antenna to ground. Without this choke there was often flash-overs as soon as
a thunderstorm was coming up.

sooner .......... Hans