SV: [AMPS] Receiver performance

sm5ki sm5ki@algonet.se
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:00:57 +0000

I may be wrong: but any receiver, even the poorest, can have a fantastic
intercept point if you put enough attenuation at the input? So, I guess, and
I only guess now, that the intercept point is only interesting if you at the
same time tell what sensitivity you have? In other words: the lower end of
your dynamic range?

Regarding the ARRL test report on the FT 1000, it is interesting to note
that this rig stands out from similar rigs  at close spacing of the two test
signals used in the dynamic range test. Does the FT 1000 have a separate and
narrow input roofing filter for all modes except FM?

Hej daa and..............sooner
de Hans SM5kI