SV: [AMPS] Receiver performance

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:20:15 +0100

The intercept point itself is not very significative in receivers and
other sensitive low level RF instrumentation like spectrum analyzers.
What count's is the resultant between dynamic range and noise figure.
Often, a too good noise figure has a negative impact on the dynamic
range and intercept point while an optimal IP could shift the dynamic
range out of the useful range leading to a bad ground floor noise.
Unfortunately, optimal NF and intercept point requirements vary along
the HF range, used antennas and along the 11 years sun cycle.
An attenuator, might be not always the best solution.

73,
Mauri I4JMY