[AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

Peter Sundberg sm2cew@telia.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 19:00:10 +0100

Gents,

These are the parameters of the QBL 5/3500 used by me and others in a G2DAF
circuit. The parameters are taken from the manufacturers book.
HF Class B amplifier, single sideband (there are numbers for class B and C
in the book)

Vf 6.3 V
If 32.5 A
Direct heated thoriated thungsten
Va 5 kV
Vg2 800 V
Vg1 -107 V
Ia 1.3 A
Ig2 75 mA
Ig1 55 mA
Wia 6.5 kW
Wo 4.4 kW
n 68%

Max ratings at 110 MHz in class B are:
Va 5 kV
Ia 1.3 A
Vg2 800 V
Wg2 100 W
Ig1 80 mA

The xerox copies I have are not good enough for scanning and publishing as
they are faded and the paper has turned yellow. Will try to copy them again
and then scan them.

The tube is mostly used in TV transmitters up to 250 MHz, class B,
television service.

Ciao,
Peter/SM2CEW