[AMPS] 3/2 power law and Rich's very wide signal

petter.gardin@aerotechtelub.se petter.gardin@aerotechtelub.se
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:53:20 +0200

measures wrote

> In the observed feculence area -  DAFs seemingly perform roughly 10x
> better on two-tone tests than they do in on the air voice tests.  During
> two-tone tests, screen potential is constant.  During voice operation,
> screen potential is not constant. Why are we arguing about whether or not
> one can keep a screen bypass C sufficiently charged at all times during
> voice operation?  I say do it or rue it.

Rich !
Please give us a reference to the tests where you got the results that
'DAFs seemingly perform roughly 10x better on two-tone tests than they do in on
the air voice tests'

> Disagreeing with a charismatic person is a risky pursuit.   Those who
> question the beloved guru / father-figure  must contend with attacks by
> faithful lap-dogs/true believers.  . .  So far, I have received two death
> threats from devout followers of a charismatic person.

We who have questioned the 'guru'  (Eimac and/or  Rich) have gotten attacked
numerous times with out of the blue statements, references to so called facts
that are 'old'  ( 'I think this is what I heard on the band one late evening 10
something years ago') and just stupid and humiliating responses.

This does NOT stimulate a constructive debate on technical questions regarding
power amplifiers.
Lets step out of the sand box and stop throwing sand in each others eyes and
start a constructive debate without people just saying NO in different ways.

LETS BE CIVILIZED!  (I hope you still now how to be that)

I and Lars SM3BDZ will do measurements on the 'DAF' amplifier he built. And not
just the ordinary two-tone tests. We will try three-tone and dynamic three-tone
tests. This to get the most information regaring the amplifiers dynamic
characteristics. We will also try to do the same tests on a conventional
amplifier.

The question that we will try to answer with these test is ,
Why is the 'DAF' amplifier sounding so good on the bands?

73 de SM3PXO

--
Petter Gärdin

Senior EMC Engineer