[AMPS] Practical PI Nets

Steve Thompson rfamps@ic24.net
Mon, 1 May 2000 08:49:25 +0100

snip
>> I am currently doing the same thing with a Pi-L tank.  I use a carbon
>> resistor of the proper value to simulate the anode impedance.  I use a
>> capacitance meter to set the proper values of capacitance for Ct & Cload
and
>> drive the tank output with my MFJ SWR Antenna Analyzer, using the
frequency
>> meter and SWR bridge to determine the resonant frequency of the tank.
>
>As I have been told, that is not enough power to place through the pi
>circuit to get any sort of realistic reading. (That is from the MFJ
>analyzer)

Power level of the test signal is an issue on the input side of a g-g amp,
but it shouldn't matter on the anode side.

Be a little careful - physically big caps can have significant inductance
and the effective capacitance on the higher bands is often quite different
from the value indicated by a LF cap. meter.

Steve