[AMPS] Practical PI Nets

Bob & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw@blomand.net
Tue, 02 May 2000 20:35:46 -0500

I seem to recall being told to "tune the plate capacitor to the right
side of resonance".  This gave a plate current indication of slightly
off of the true dip in current.  As I recall, this produced a noticeable
increase in efficency.  Hence, the tank was not tuned at resonance but
slightly higher in frequency as the capacitor was reduced in C as it was
turned to the right or clockwise.

Is this what you guys are speakin of?  This appears opposite of what
Dave indicated.

73
Bob K4TAX