[AMPS] Practical PI Nets

Larry Molitor w7iuv@nis4u.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 23:19:02 +0100

At 06:52 AM 5/4/00 +0100, Peter Chadwick wrote:
>Larry,
>
>Are you taking into account the output capacitance of the tube? That means
>that
>the tank on its own will look inductive; the complete circuit will look
>resistive.

Yup. Tube, chassis, shields, etc, ad nauseam. Normally see a bit of
reactance caused by the parasitic (I love that word) reactances present in
the "dummy" resistor clipped across the anode, but in this particular case,
I see *way* more than usual. Would be nice to put numbers on the *way* more
part, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Speculate away gents!

Larry - W7IUV