[AMPS] Henry SS750 results

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Fri, 5 May 2000 11:01:36 -0500

>Subject: [AMPS] Henry SS750 results

> This amplifier is speced at approximately 750 watts CW output (50% duty cycle)
> with 100 watts drive.  My results were significantly poorer on 14 mHz and
> higher; the test procedure and results appear at the end of this message.

Your amp is doing better than factory specs on all bands, Vic.
Read the specs again....750 watts SSB and 500 watts DC.
I did find a problem in my amp in the 10 meter low pass filter. A cap
had changed value (or never was in tolerance) and moved the 10 meter
cut-off frequency  up into the 10 meter band. The output will never be a
much on the higher bands, as  an attenuator is switched in  @ 20 meters
and above to cut the drive considerably.
If you ever see a lower output on a particular band, sweep the output
filter for its cut-off freq. It may have moved. The disk caps are a little
small IMO.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC