[AMPS] SS750 output -- more tests

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Mon, 8 May 2000 05:25:06 -0500

> I did some research, and the 2SC2879 is rated at 13 db gain (minimum) at 28
MHz.
> with only 12.5v on the collector.  The attenuator that's in the Henry circuit
on
> 14-28 MHz is only 2 db.  That should leave 11 db gain.  Allowing for 2 db of
> loss in the splitter, combiner, and filter, that leaves 9 db, which should
> produce 800 watts with 100 watts drive.  One would expect even more gain with
> 13.8v.

ATT-2 is switched in @ 20 meters and up. ATT-1 is hard wired in all the time.
Don't
forget to count that one also. Your figures were very interesting, Vic. Did you
log the
collector current also? I will do your test here with mine and see what I get.
My output
on 12 meters is better than 20, 17, 15 , or 10 meters. I am going to duplicate
the filter
in the ARRL Handbook to see if I can move the 10 meter cut-off freq a bit closer
30 mhz. Thanks for the dope on the ATT-2 filter. I had no idea what its value
was.
I have no idea what the value of ATT-1 is either, nor its wattage rating.
Perhaps RadioDan
can enlighten us.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC