[AMPS] SS750 20 meter test and (maybe) explanation

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 08:14:17 -0700

Phil Clements wrote:

> To be perfectly fair to Henry, the first page in the manual has always stated that
> the CW output is 500 watts.

As I mentioned in my previous message, you cannot get 750 watts PEP SSB without
distortion if you can't get 750 watts CW for a short time.  I should be excused
for thinking that the 500 watts mentioned was a continuous rating based on
thermal considerations!

I am not sorry I bought this amplifier; it has a very good cooling system and
will probably prove to be quite reliable.  I chose it over the TenTec (etc.)
because it appeared to be conservative in design and would produce 750 watts.
I'm sure that what appears to be a matching problem can be fixed.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA