[AMPS] 50MHz 8877 amp. plate circuit

Conrad Farlow conrad.farlow@virgin.net
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:35:03 +0100

Steve Thompson wrote
> I couldn't access the original today - did it use a vacuum loading cap? I
> fthat's the case, the one I'm trying to fix isn't a real copy and the
> inductance in the loading cap might be the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Hi Steve the original used a wide spaced air variable so that doesn't seem
to be the problem.My anode tune vac varable is a physically very small
jennings and the straps used on the anode line are all very wide.I also used
the same boxes specified on the first amp and identical dimensions for the
anode compartment on the second.Other than that I can't think of anything.I
run mine with 3.7kV on load and the efficiency is very close to 65 %.The
thermal stability is superb as well,the amp never needs retuning from day to
day.Hope this helps.

73 de Conrad G0RUZ