[AMPS] Alpha Power service

nollamidzich nollamidzich@email.msn.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 22:19:07 -0500

John,

Your positive experiences with Alpha products is totally consistent with my
own personal experiences with Alpha going back to 1983. I currently own a
77dx purchased new in '83 and a 87a purchased new in '95.

In 1986 the 8877 went "south" in the 77dx. This was 33 months after I
purchased the unit. The tube was ultimately determined to be "defective" and
I was sent a letter confirming that fact and given the option of either
getting a FULL (not pro-rated) refund for a new tube I had just purchased as
a replacement or receiving another new tube. I was also reimbursed for my
UPS shipping costs of the tube to ETO. During that same year I had the
output T/R relay go bad. ETO promptly sent out a new one to me on an exhange
basis.

When I felt the urge to get another amp in '95 the decision to get another
ALPHA product was pretty easy for me. Past experience with ETO's after sale
service and support  was outstanding! It was a decision I've never
regretted.

About 2 years after the purchase of the 87a, the high voltage decoupling
caps went. Once again Alpha replaced quickly and  at no charge the defective
components.

Over the years I've had occasions to call their tech support and ask various
questions about their products. I've been impressed by the organization
being "customer oriented".

BTW, I also, have no connections or affiliations with anyone from Alpha. In
fact I know if I stood in front of their booth at any hamfest they would
have no idea whom I am. ( I prefer to remain anonymous). But I am very
satisfied and impressed with the company and in particular with Mr.
Ehrhorn's  vision for so many years on how to run a company.

73 Noll W9RN