[AMPS] Standardised connector?

Fred Fliss fredffff@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:20:18 EDT

Hello, esteemed gentlemen of the reflector,

I am assisting a chap who is building a multi-multi station and the issue
arises of the 220 volt mains for the amplifiers.  Is there a 'standard'
connector that amplifier owners and users prefer to use?  Most likely the
station will be built with a number of custom-built amplifiers along with a
few 87As and Acoms as quick swap-in spares.  The concept of allowing a guest
operator to show up with his/her favorite amplifier is one factor leading to
the inquiry of preferred connector.  Gazing at electrical supply houses
suggests that there's more than one possible connector, at least in the US.
I know what I have used, but that may not be what is preferred.

Kind regards to the always benevolent and mostly docile reflectees,

Fred