[AMPS] Re: 31LQ6 warmup

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 22:48:02 -0700

Hi Alek,
Marv is right, my spec sheet for that tube (RCA Brand) states the warmup
as 11 seconds min.  Typical
of sweep tubes.  Be sure to go over to my  http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
server and down load my Dentron
Cathode current cutoff mod for the Dentron.  Save your tubes.   There are
two Dentron Download available
on the site, one is a copy of an old Ham Radio Mag article, the second is
my work up with the circuit
diagram.
cheers
skipp

<vk6apk@eon.net.au>writes:
>G'day from "Down Under.
>I've just ordered 2 sets of 4 x 31LQ6 tubes for my little Dentron
GLA-1000
>amp. These will replace the tired 6LQ6 tubes presently in the unit.
>The tube swap will of course necessitate an extra transformer to run the
>heaters of the new tubes.
>
>Does anybody on the reflector have an idea of the current drawn by the
>heaters in these tubes?
>... so I figure on around 2A total for the four tubes in parallel.
>I have a transformer rated at 100VA which I hope will do the job with a
>generous safety margin.
>Am I correct in the above assumption?

:Hi Alek,
:Yes, that's the way it works -- should be right around 500 mA per
:tube.  The 31's also have a "controlled" warm-up time which was a
:requirement for their original application in series filament string
:style TV's.
:73, Marv  WC6W  310 649 3111

*

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!