[AMPS] [amps]Emtron fan problem

Jorge A Mejia laussana@epm.net.co
Sun, 21 May 2000 08:30:55 -0500

I recently aquired this Australian made amplifier. It uses a single
4CX800A. The air flow generated by the fan   is not sufficient to keep
the tetrode at  safe operating temperature which in turn causes the
protection circuit  to come on all the time (amp does not go on txmit).
My qth is 7000 ft above sea level. The stock fan is about 103CFM.  I
added another fan piggyback to the original one but the noise is
unbearable. Has anyone had a similar experience with this amp. Does
anyone know of a good source from where I can get a good quality fan ?

73's / Jorge HK4CZE
laussana@epm.net.co