[AMPS] air flow?

N6BUU@aol.com N6BUU@aol.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 13:10:48 EDT

since we have touched on air flow for tube cooling, i have a question. my old
2 tube alpha (76A) has a blower specified in the manual as a "Howard"
#3-90-8507
i assume this same blower is used in the 3 tube version. the blower in my amp
has a "Ripley" name on it. I guess alpha used different brands. does anyone
in the group have the cfm rating of the "Howard" blower?.... To cool 3 8874s
to their maximum ratings (1200W) it would take 8.6 cfm per tube.

         73  HANK