[AMPS] Emtron DX1

measures 2@vc.net
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:45:44 -0700

>Dear Mr Breznek:
>
>Its been quite a while that I do not hear from you. I am so dissapointed
>that I can't use my amplifier. The overheathing protection circuit is on
>most of the time. I even mounted another fan exactly like the stock one
>piggyback  besides the terrible amount of noise they make it only allows
>me e few more words untill the protection circuit tripps the amp to std
>by again. I have already received messages from other hams in ZL and VK
>who also experienced the same problem. One of them said that the new DX1
>comes with the same fan that you use in the DX2. Shouldn't mine have
>this type of fan? I received it only a month ago?. I hope you solve this
>problem for me. so far I can't belive that I spent over Two thousand
>dollars on an amplifier that is usless!!!.

€  Jorge --cooling an axial flow anode-cooler with a fan is problematic.
What is needed is a high-pressure blower.  There is a manufacturer in
Ventura, California that makes high-pressure centrifugal blowers.  I
phoned them and requested a catalog.  I will post the info here when I Rx
it.  //  According to Svetlana's spec sheet, at 7000 feet altitude, the
4cx800A appears to need roughly 0.95" of water column pressure.  .  //
note -- High-pressure centrifugal blowers have relatively narrow, large
diameter squirrel-cages that operate at c. 3400 rpm. // My guess is that
the designer of the amplifier did not measure the air pressure delivered
by the fan.

cheers

end