[AMPS] DC Filaments???

Randall D. DuCharme randyd@specent.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:37:23 -0600

Greetings,

I was toying with the idea of running the filaments DC in an 813
amplifier I'm starting.  I was just told today that if I did that I'd
have to reverse the polarity on the tubes periodically or suffer
shortened filament life.  Is there any truth to this?  Is this something
unique to the 813, something in common with all thoriated-tungsten
types, or some sort of strange Halloween prank?  I've never heard of
this.

Many thanks!

--
Randall D DuCharme  (KD5IZI)  Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free!

Unsolicited commercial email (SPAM) received at this email address
will not be tolerated.  All spam is subject to a $200 per incident
processing fee and possible legal action pursuant to US Code, Title
47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, p.227.