[AMPS] New (OLD) tube arrived

Bill Turner w7ti@jps.net
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:11:57 -0800

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:18:16 -0500, William Fuqua wrote:

>Maybe I should make an Amp with the 2000T. Wouldn't that look neat!
These ancient tubes, like other ancient artifacts, should be preserved
unused, except for perhaps a brief functional test for a historical
record.  When they're gone, they're gone forever.

There is a WW2 B-17 flying around the country for the primary purpose
of stroking the owner's ego.  This splendid machine should be put in a
climate-controlled hangar and preserved for future generations to
admire.  If they keep flying it, one of these days somebody is going
to buy the farm with it and part of our heritage will be lost.

These ancient tubes and other historic artifacts should be treated
with extreme care, lest our descendants decide we were a wasteful and
selfish lot.

Preach mode off.  :-)

73, Bill W7TI