[AMPS] Max-con, magic antenna box info requested

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:52:39 -0800

Hello there,

I'm looking for information regarding a wire antenna interface box, sold
some years ago... the name I believe was Maxcon, Maxcom or similar.

This was a "promise the world" wire antenna "tuner/interface" box which
provided a broad match with low reflected power.  Some length of
wire was attached to the box to provide the hf and low vhf band
operation.     It was advertised as a restricted space antenna match -
tuner.

The ARRL did a write up on the device, complete with an Xray view of
the potted internals.  Many called it a fraud, but it did work to some
extent.  Would anyone be able to provide the month and year of that
issue, any related information and/or a used unit.

I remember viewing the xray'd internals as some toroids and resistors.

This type of device might help with a project I have in mind, I'd like to

research the device and build/buy one if possible.  Is the Company
still in business..?   This device might provide some help driving a
very dynamic complex load I have in a research project, similar to a
tube element.   I need minimal signal delivered to this project.

Any help would be appreciated...
thanks
skipp

nospam4me@juno.com