[AMPS] Hi Power Connectors/My 2 cents !!!!!

Marc Wullaert on4ma@village.uunet.be
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:17:31 +0100

Jim, every thime yoy send a msg to the ref there is a attachment on your msg
????
----- Original Message -----
From: <Jan.E.Holm@telia.se>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 8:01 AM
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Hi Power Connectors

> I use SHUNER N crimp connector, will not have the problem
> you describe below, will grip both braid and inner conductor.
> Instead of RG8 or RG213 use RG214 which is double braided.
> For rotor loops RG217 is excelent cable, will handle 1000W
> continious on 144 MHz and many many many KW on HF.
> Donīt use the "solder" type of N or UHF connectors, the proīs
> use only crimp connectors these days (at least for N and UHF)
>
> 73, Jim SM2EKM

After reading a lot on the discussion on hi power connecters ,
i trow in my 2cents ..hi.

Yes it's tru that profs use crimp on connecters,but you need
the perfect tool also.There is lot of garbich tools (cheap) and
for a ham operater to buy the good one ,you pay a lot of mony.
some 500 us$.To expencive for me to buy the tool to use maybe
2 times a year.Lucky i have a friend who is in the bussines in cellular
fone.He make my short cables all whit N con or 7/16 on rg213 or 214.
I use 7/8 cable to the tower,and use rg213/214 for loops.
My opininon is to go whit the 7/16 connecters for vhf/uhf use.I use them
also on hf ,because i can buy them secondhand.

Lets go again to the amps now !!!

THank you

on4ma