[AMPS] 3CX 800 A7

jon jon@g0nvd.freeserve.co.uk
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:12:15 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C05243.7B60C5C0

Hi All.

Wonder if anyone can help me with a small problem I have with my amp

The amp I have uses a pair of 3CX 800 A7 tubes and is approx 18 months =
old.

The problem is that every so often the main fuse will blow because one =
of the tubes has " flashed over ".

This has been happening every so often since the amp was new so I have =
come to the conclusion that one of the tubes was faulty from the start =
and I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to =
purchase a new tube.

I am looking for suggestions as to how to find out which tube it is =
without replacing either one in turn or finding out by trial and error =
because sometimes the flashover takes out one or two other small =
components in the amplifier.

One other point is that these flashovers occur usually when I first =
switch on the amp and especially so when it has been stood for a period =
of time without bieng switched on.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Jon G0NVD

------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C05243.7B60C5C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi All.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Wonder if anyone can help me with a small problem I =
have with=20
my amp</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The amp I have uses a pair of 3CX 800 A7 tubes and =
is approx=20
18 months old.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The problem is that every so often the main fuse =
will blow=20
because one of the tubes has " flashed over ".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This has been happening every so often since the amp =
was new=20
so I have come to the conclusion that one of the tubes was faulty from =
the start=20
and I have now resigned myself to the fact that I am going to have to =
purchase a=20
new tube.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am looking for suggestions as to how to find out =
which tube=20
it is without replacing either one in turn or finding out by trial and =
error=20
because sometimes the flashover takes out&nbsp;one or two other small =
components=20
in the amplifier.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>One other point is that these flashovers occur =
usually when I=20
first switch on the amp and especially so when it has been stood for a =
period of=20
time without bieng switched on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Any comments will be greatly =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Regards Jon G0NVD</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0056_01C05243.7B60C5C0--

--MCIS1nE5ck=K4gV---

--MCIS1WcFkG?)4dP?n,s:GvmR,f'B-S(bbTfO4a+--