[AMPS] Hi Power Connectors

Jeff Wolf da_kang@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:21:52

The dual 3CX3K box is currently operating with one dud tube, just to keep
air pressure correct.  The second tube needs to be sent to econco for a
rebuild.

No, it doesn't run at 1500 watts output.  Thats 8Kw of dissipation.

More like about 10Kw carrier.  And is typically used on AM.

The N can be used for high power, however I don't recommend it.  Problem is,
everyone that I know thinks it is just the cats meow for terminations.

I try to tell them that the best termination for high power is the coax
being soldered directly to the relay, or the Heliax being correctly
installed at the vacuum contactor.

However, some people just don't get it.

This is also used as a mobile amplifier.

Thanks for the nfo about the C..  What would you suggest in its place?
7/16"?

--Shane (thats my real name.. Jeff is just a moniker to avoid the problems
of high power RF and such)

Toll Free