[AMPS] SB200 Retrofit

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:42:35 -0500

> I can not recall seeing Orr talk about the effect of tuned input Q in G-G
> amplifiers.

I just happened to pull the 23rd edition off the shelf....I have several others.
On page 14-22 is a very nice table...fig. 44...listing cathode circuit values
for grounded-grid amplifiers. The table covers from 20-250 ohms cathode Z.

Also, on page 15-18 there is a thorough discussion of the tuned cathode
circuit complete with scope patterns of tuned and untuned cathodes, showing
waveform distortion in the latter.

BTW, W6SAI is one of the "silent majority" here on the reflector.
 We just had a nice chat yesterday re: Collins 30L1's.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC