[AMPS] Bird meters

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 08:52:16 +0100

Carsten,

Thank you very much for your offer. Sorry I haven't replied before - I've been
out sick these last two days.

The problem is that holes from Denmark will meet EU requirements, but I need
imperial (inch) size holes, and Danish holes will be metric. Getting holes from
the USA is difficult because although they will be inch sized holes, they won't
be certified to meet the requirements of the various EU Directives (Machinery,
EMC, Pressure Vessels, Automotive etc).

This means that I shall have to fabricate my own - fortunately, the 19 inch rack
panel is aluminium, not 1/8 inch (3mm) thick steel!

Of course, one other problem is in storing holes in such manner that they don't
get filled with electrons!

73

Peter G3RZP