[AMPS] Testing unknown transformer

Mark Trotman mark@armscroft.demon.co.uk
Sat, 07 Oct 2000 09:41:47 +0100

Hi folks,

I have recently been given a Triad HV transformer, marked 70400 and
721C. I was hoping that the Company could help me identify its
ratings but have received no reply to my email. This leaves me with
only one option and that is to test it myself, but how? Can anyone
tell me the safest way of checking the secondary Voltages and how can
I best guess the the max current ratings? The only information I have
that may help is that the transformer was used in a sputtering
machine and a Bird slug on the relay was rated at 1000W. The (Henry
Electronics) RF deck contains a 3CX1000A7 but I don't know exactly
what level the tube was being driven at.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Mark, G1FYC / M5ACG / G0TYA