[AMPS] Bird meters

Steve ve3tu@rac.ca
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:15:42 -0400

Hi Peter, a Dremel tool is a small hand held die grinder that powered off the mains.
It has a 1/8" collet to hold different cutting tools. The cut-off disc is 2" in
diameter and about 1/64" thick. It's a standard tool for hobbyist's and for small
work around home. The saw that you are using sounds like it is made of steel, I
think the fiber cut-off disc would would better and are a lot cheaper than the saw
blade you are using now. They have to be used at a high speed i.e. 20,000 rpm to be
effective. The tool sells for $40- $50 US with a bunch of cutting and grinding
accessories. Option B might be using two pieces of wood with a 1/8" hole between the
split and space the wood apart a bit and use that as a guide for a thin blade hack
saw, just wrap the rod with some tape to keep it snug in the wood.

gl es 73 Steve