[AMPS] MFJ-259B Question

Joe Subich, K4IK w8ik@subich.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:04:34 -0400

Great!  I see that rather than dealing with the factual
issue concerning the ethics of marketing a product of
dubious value simply because of a market demand you
chose to resort to your normal tactics ... (1) ignore the
evidence that doesn't support your position (2) change
the topic (3) engage in name calling (4) make snide
remarks <chortle!>.

In case it matters, I have met Tom fewer than half a
dozen times ... generally at one hamfest or another ...
in 30 plus years as a licensed amateur.  I own only
one MJF product (an inexpensive digital clock).

As one who was involved behind the scenes several
years ago in producing a product for the amateur
market, I respect the effort it takes to build and
market a product with reasonable quality at a price
acceptable to the average (cheap) amateur.

Compromises between cost and quality must be made ...
of course you are free to put your MONEY where your
MOUTH is and actually market a real amplifier.  If
you are right, amateurs will be standing in line for
the Measures Amplifier at $4500+ per copy vs. $3000
for a similar "inferior" product.