[AMPS] a sticky issue.

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 10:19:12 -0500

> Indeed.  At the other end of the spectrum we find a 1000pF  "bypass" on
> the anode supply.  At 1.8MHz, 1000pF has 88-ohms of Xc.   It is my
> opinion that this does not represent good engineering practice.  By
> comparison, at the lowest frequency of operation, the SB-220 has a 20-ohm

Were I running a string of electrolytic filter caps on a 160 meter amp, I would
want a total of .01 mfd bypass capacitance at the base of the plate choke.

I found that even on the Alpha 77 series that 160 meter RF is abundant all
the way back to the line cord if additional bypassing is not done. The B&W
800 choke is not too swift on "Top-Band."

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC