[AMPS] Re: G2DAF Amps Circuit

Radio WC6W wc6w@juno.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:36:02 EDT

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:18:55 -0700 measures <2@vc.net> writes:

>>  Today we should ask for a bit better fidelity.   -40dB is a good
>>benchmark.
>>
>Typical solid state radios are not this good.

   True!   And it is a shame that they aren't!

>A two tone test will not reveal the flaw in the DAF design because it
>applies constant screen potential.

   If the DAF is built per the original design, with a time constant in
the screen circuit that will allow the screen voltage to follow the
envelope of the SSB signal, then a two-tone test will give valid results.

   If the screen voltage TC has been modified, such that a constant
screen voltage is seen with a two-tone signal, then you no longer have a
DAF amplifier.

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*