SV: [AMPS] G2DAF Circuit

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:05:54 -0400

> I would like to add the following statement from a good friend of mine:
>
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
> minds." -  Albert Einstein
>
> Albert was right, look at the opposition we SM's get for rejuvenating an
> old design that has merits.
>
> /Mr Peter, SM2CEW

Hi Peter,

You and your friend miss the entire point of what I am saying.

You seem to feel the circuit is well designed, and has some merits
that exceed it's potential for problems, but that just isn't true.

Insulting others, because they point out a few technical facts,
doesn't make your favorite circuit become a good design. The fact
is, before you and your friend lifted my statements from context, is
G2DAF himself has some technical gaffs in his article. Some of his
numbers don't agree with themselves.

You may take this as a personal insult against your mother if you
like, but the fact remains that circuit does about everything you are
not supposed to do with a linear PA. If one or two work, that's fine
with me. But it is not a good design. Because one or two of
something can be made to work doesn't prove it is a repeatable
design, or a good design.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com