[AMPS] Re: Continuos Duty Amp

Steve Hajducek n2ckh@cybercomm.net
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:22:30 -0300

At 09:31 AM 9/1/00 -0500, you wrote:

>> Ok,  how does "1.5CCS" relate to 1.5 klW peak output
>> power?  What exactly does "CCS"  translate to mean?
>> "Continuous commercial service",  maybe?
>>
>> 73,  Jim,  KH7M
>
>That is correct.."Continuous Commercial Service."
>
>To test for this, place a brick on your key with amp putting put
>1500 watts. Come back in  a week and see if it is still @ 1500 watts.
>If, so, you probably have a CCS rated amp.
>
>(((73)))
>Phil, K5PC

In my opinion buy surplus. If you really want a work horse and
have the room forget the amateur desktop amps and get a used
commercial or military amplifier that can loaf at 1500w out.

Don't get me wrong, I love my old SB-220 desk top amplifier for the
casual DX boast. But my Collins 204F is the DX/Contest king for a
weekend's worth of heavy loafing at 1500w out.

I have started to put together a web page for this beauty as listed below,
it inlcudes shematics, check her out. If anyone has any good suggestions
on how to perform a relatively simple mod to put her on 160m I would be a
really happy top band ham.

http://www.qsl.net/n2ckh/bigboy.htm

/s/ Steve, N2CKH
http://www.qsl.net/n2ckh