[AMPS] Big muthah soldering iron

dcckc dcckc@ncn.net
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 02:37:37 -0500

I still have my fathers soldering iron he was issued as a radio operator
during service in WW2 it is a big muthah soldering iron to say the least I
have stood outside in -10 F weather and soldered PL259's . 1/4 copper pipe
is no match for it . I can only guess there was very little lead in the
solder used during the war. After 50+ years it is still hot and ready to
work in less than 2 minutes. As ratty and beat as it is it is one of my
most cherished possessions from my father and the stories about its use
greatly influenced me to pursue a amateur license. Thanks for letting me
reminisce.
Dave /WB0PKK