[AMPS] BS detection

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:51:52 -0700

>Rich Measures asked for an example of the BS detector- here is a collection
>of about 5 deliberate BS statements ( or misstatements) in one paragraph in
>a post on the AMPS reflector, on 2 Sept, this year.
>
>>t seems a bit odd for the teacher to be a guy who doesn't understand
>>scientific notation, who does not understand algebraic notation, who
>>never took a Physics of Electricity course, who has little understanding
>>of thermodynamics, and who claims that AC Circuit Analysis is not valid
>>for parasitic suppressors
>
>A trace back will show that each of these is a distortion of a statement on
>the general subject of Amps.

 Mr. Rauch said he is not familiar with scientific notation, so I stopped
using it.

The statement about not understanding algebraic notation came from a
discussion about emissive life.

The statement about AC circuit analysis is in the Grate Debate Archive.
copies available on request.

>At least three had their source in faulty
>interpretation of off-hand remarks; one is in the category of  "have you
>stopped lying?"; .....

Someone apparently is.

>I leave the detection of the source of this paragraph as an exercise for
>the reader.

a sure cure for insomnia.

end

end