[AMPS] 8877 Rejuvination

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:24:12 -0700

Recent postings here have described a procedure for degassing glass
envelope tantalum plate tubes which have been unused for a lengthy
period of time. I believe it was stated that the anode must reach red
color for a period of time in order for its coating to do the job.
  Do external anode tubes have a similar problem of element outgas
during lengthy storage? Do they have a getter on the inner surface of
the anode which can be activated by arranging to raise the anode
temperature? I have several 8877 tubes which have been stored for
several years and would like to put them to use.

73, Dan, N5AR