[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

measures 2@vc.net
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:05:06 -0700

>the

>>>Can you give me a rough date, to cut down on the searching?
>>>
>>around a week ago?
>

>I don't recall seeing anything which included values and analysis - maybe I
>missed some posts.

There are few measurements.  The theory that allows it to happen is the
main thing.  As I recall, during the Grate Debate, Mr. Rauch disclosed
that there was a series-resonance in the AL-80 Tune-C,  I noticed that
this resonance was just above the AL-80's anode-resonance.  I simply put
two and two together.
  To demonstrate how a hidden L network could substantially transform
voltage in an amplifier, I designed an L network that would step up 120v,
60Hz to over 11,000Vrms.  As I recall, I parked the series resonance at
61Hz.  The calculated circulating current was around 100a.  The Rauchian
camp was not eager to discuss this circuit.

later, Steve

end