[AMPS] Parasitic Oscillation Repeatability

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 23:25:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/00 9:32:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k7fm@teleport.com writes:

>  A parasitic oscillation must necessarily be repeatable.  By definition,
more
>  than one complete cycle is required for an event to be an oscillation.
And,
>  if it has more than one cycle, it is repeatable.

It depends on what your definition of "is" is........

My reading of the post referred to here is that the "initiation of the
parasitic is repeatable" (that it can be modeled), not that it will have more
than one repeated cycle.  As far as I know, there is no basis for assuming
what Colin said is true in fact.

>  Therefore, a parasitic oscillation must be repeatable - even if for a brief
>  collection
>  of oscillations.

Who says or where is it written that a parasitic oscillation must be
repeatable?

>  This definition would seem to preclude random, non
>  repeatable events - since they could not be oscillations.  And, if they are
>  not oscillations, they could not be parasitic oscillations.
>
>  Colin  K7FM

Where did "this definition" come from?  By the very definition of parasitic
oscillation, it is an oscillation unrelated to the fundamental frequency of
the circuit in which it occurs.

Differing parametric conditions in the tank surely influence the origin of
parasitic oscillations.

73 de

Dave, WT8R