[AMPS] Audio Connectors

Colin Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:49:15 -0700

How come many of the really strange audiophiles are from an island northwest
of France?

Granted, the great Williamson audio design came from there, and the
wonderful audio output tubes - but it seems like perhaps the German bombs
had a more serious effect than we first imagined.

I remember reading critiques of audio equipment decades ago.  The reviewers
were British and they had long words to describe the qualities.  When I got
done reading the article, I was not sure whether they liked the amplifier or
not.  I thought it was a passing fad and that the acquisition of
refrigerators to replace the ice man would bring normalcy to the island.

But, apparently it continues.  Is audiospeak a required subject in school?
And, how did my son learn of these traditions?  Since he insists on the gold
plated audio cables for his 800 watt car stereo, should I inquire to see if
he is more British than his mother or me?

Always more questions than answers on this reflector.

73,  Colin  K7FM