[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:34:39 -0500

Some corrections to my own post of last night- added to relevant parts,
after some snipping to cut the un-needed parts out

t 09:40 AM 9/13/00 -0400, I wrote:
>> All the modeling in the world will never convince Rich that
>> there is no parasitic. All the modeling in the world will not convince Tom
>> that there is.
>
>I've never said there CAN'T be parasitics, please don't put words
>into my mouth.

Tom is right- I should have said that Tom apparently doesn't think the
damage reported is due to parasitics, alone, and Rich appears to think that
is the MAJOR cause. Remember- this is MY opinion and interpretation- I
cannot really put those words in their mouths.

>I've said VHF parasitics on the frequencies Rich speculates can't cause
the damage he claims.

I agree- from all I have seen (Richs pictures included) I consider it a
non-proven speculation that parasitics did it.

>Parasitics certainly can and do occur in the real world, they just
>don't happen in the way or generally do the types of damage Rich
>reports.
>

>You don't have to have an oscillation to prove a parasitic can or
>can't cause damage. You can measure the impedances in the tank
>and PROVE a VHF parasitic can't cause the problems attributed to
>the parasitic.
>
>I've done that.

I know- I have seen results reported from you (and from others)- that is
not the point- Rich is convinced, and NOTHING you (Tom) report is to be
believed by him.

>Because I disagree with Measures and his pathological science,
>does not mean I have a mindset. I firmly believe in valid
>measurements and conventional circuit theory.
>

>73, Tom W8JI
>w8ji@contesting.com

I was guilty of other speculation that some have been kind enough to
correct- I should not have put the specific examples I did, out there-about
the reasons for Richs need for revenge, especially when they were wrong.
However- It DID serve to get me information about background that had been
hidden behind all the posts in the recent past.

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776