[AMPS] Shorted Pi-Networks Turns revisited

YZ6X Sasha Kraljevich sasha@panet.bits.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:52:30 +0200

Yeap! Now I got it. First off all I'm now acquainted with
switch terminology. What I called non shorting switch
is actually drop-before-make switch, and shorting switch
is progressively-shorting-switch or pick-up-and-hold.

   And Mauri I4JMY put it nicely in three sentences:
[Snip]
> Resonances of unused portions of Pi coils depends by peculiar factors
> like the coil parasitic capacitance to metal walls, capacitance between
> windings and other specific occurrences.
> The same consideration is obviously valid also for Pi-L networks.
> Step up ratio has therefore little to do with this kind of arcing and a
> Pi-L compared to Pi as no disadvantages/advantages in the specific
> matter.
[Snip]

Great, now I'm going to make some use of arcing: going
to weld case for my HV power supply.

Thanks, Sasha YZ6X