[AMPS] Amperex and Penta Labs

measures 2@vc.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:40:17 -0700

>   Does anyone know what the deal is with Amperex?
>You can buy new (just made) Amperex tubes but I can't find the Amperex
>"company" anywhere
>via any search engine or directory.  Is some one just building the tubes
>per Amperex specs and
>labeling them Amperex?
>    And what is the real story behind Penta Labs as well?

Amperex apparently still builds tubes in France.  Penta was originally a
couple of guys who came from Eimac.  Penta was eventually bought out by
Machlett/Raytheon, who  later lost interest.  Currently, "Penta" is
allegedly built in China by political prisoners and petty criminals.
Serious criminals are used for "parts".  .

 >  While I am at it anyone ever hear of ETL?

nope

cheers, Bill

end