[AMPS] Drake L7: another question

JOSE V. GAVILA (EB5AGV/EC5AAU) eb5agv@ctv.es
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:41:57 +0200

Hello again!

Sorry for my ignorance but I have another question: some of you have
suggested to put a 10 ohm/10W or larger wattage resistor in series with
plate supply. I understand the effect it would have in a 'glitch'. But, as
I am not sure about the tubes in my amp (i.e. are they fine?), suppressing
the original 0.82 ohm/2W 'fuse' resistor leads me to think I am reducing
the circuit protection in case of a, let's say, shorted tube. Of course, it
would also destroy the 10 ohm resistor... but would it take longer so will
damage anything else in the amp or power supply?. What about putting them
in series?. Best of both worlds ;-)?

Thanks!

JOSE
  73 EB5AGV / EC5AAU - JOSE V. GAVILA