[AMPS] New member and Drake L7 questions

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:58:51 +0100

Ian says;

>Come on, Peter - they're still in the component catalogues, but good
>ones cost a fortune at full price.

Doesn't mean they're still made - look at integrated circuits in components
catalogues!

	>It hardly seems to be a standard anywhere, if it ever was. High-cost
	>meters (surplus of course) seem to vary considerably, but have a lower
      >voltage drop than the far eastern imports which typically run 300-400mV.

100mV  was the BS at one time, and I believe, was suggested for IEC.

	>>(or a pair of them in reverse parallel).

	>Hmmm... I thought about this long and hard. Can you see any way that a
	>surge from HV+ to the HV- rail could go in the opposite direction?

Depends on where the meter is in the circuit, and what the possibilities are. I
work on the basis that even I have been known to do silly things, such as
leaving shorting bars on supplies!

73

Peter G3RZP